Burnley College Sixth Form Centre – whose students recently celebrated record-breaking A Level and Advanced Vocational results – is opening its doors for three Open Events this autumn to help students from across the region prepare for their futures.
The College is offering prospective students preparing for their GCSEs in Year 11 or Year 10 the opportunity to find out more about College life
- At Open Events on 14th and 22nd September and 5th October (5.30pm-8.30pm) – booking essential via www.burnley.ac.uk/open-events
- Through Campus Tours, personalised to suit each individual student (available from October, register your interest at www.burnley.ac.uk/whats-on/events/advice-guidance-tour)
- Via an online experience, including subject insights and a virtual tour at www.burnley.ac.uk/school-leaver-virtual-experience
Numbers will be limited at each Open Event to allow distancing; all visitors will be asked to wear a face covering (unless exempt) and use the hand sanitiser stations provided across College.
Principal of Burnley College Sixth Form Centre Karen Buchanan said:
“If you’re planning your future after GCSEs we know this is an exciting time – and you’ll have lots of questions, too. We can’t wait to show you the many opportunities that await you at Burnley College Sixth Form Centre, answer your questions and support you every step of the way through the application process.
“We’re proud of our amazing Class of 2021 students who have achieved 100% A Level and Advanced Vocational pass rates and are now heading to some of the UK’s top universities, including the University of Oxford, and our passionate Tutors who have been honoured in top national teaching awards.
“We’re really looking forward to showing you our outstanding Campus which has been designed with the student experience at its heart and offers a warm welcome to everyone.
“The Open Events provide a chance for our Tutors, students and support staff to give you an insight into what it means to be part of the successful, supportive Burnley College family and inspire you to be the very best you can be.
“Whatever your plans – A Level, Vocational or T Level study, or perhaps a Themis at Burnley College Apprenticeship – or if you need support in finding the perfect route or subject for you to achieve your dreams – we’re inviting you to find out more at Burnley College Sixth Form Centre.”
During Open Events Year 11 and Year 10 pupils will be able to:
- Access expert advice and guidance on post-GCSE pathways from our friendly School Liaison Team, familiar faces from their many visits to secondary schools
- Tour our £100 million Campus and explore specific areas related to your subject choices
- Meet our expert, approachable Tutors to discuss the courses we offer and how they can fire your curiosity and ambition
- Discover more about the individualised support – academic and health and wellbeing – which is central to the Burnley College experience
- Enjoy an insight into the unrivalled extra-curricular activities which take learning outside the classroom and broaden horizons
- Experience some of Burnley College Sixth Form Centre’s famous hospitality and get a real feel for College life.
Karen Buchanan added:
“It’s essential that pupils and their parents/guardians make a booking before heading to College for an Open Event. Burnley College Sixth Form Centre is closely following the latest Government advice and guidance relating to Covid-19 to ensure all members of the College family, our visitors and the wider community are safe and protected.
“We look forward to welcoming you all, however you choose to experience College – at an Open Event, on a Campus Tour or digitally!”